What is Wallpaper Booking?
Booking Pre-glued Wallpaper
• Fill a water tray 2/3 full with water at room temperature.
• Roll the cut strip from bottom to top, paste side out (you should not see the pattern).
• Submerge rolled strip into the water tray.
• Soak for the amount of time recommended in the manufacturer’s hanging instructions, usually 30 seconds*.
• Slowly lift and unroll the paper onto a work table, making sure the paste is completely wet.
• Gently fold both ends, paste side in, towards the center of the strip, without creasing the folds.
This is known as "booking"*. You should see the pattern.
• Let the strip rest for the amount of time recommended in the manufacturer’s hanging instructions, usually about 2-5 minutes.
For Fine Décor prepasted wallpaper, refer to packaging for exact soak times (usually between 5-10 seconds).
Fine Décor prepasted wallpaper does not require booking.
Booking Unpasted Wallpaper
If needed, mix the paste according to the manufacturer's instructions.
• Lay the strip of wallpaper or mural face down on a clean work surface.
• Brush paste on to the top half of the strip. Gently fold that section back to meet the middle.
• Brush paste on the remaining half of the strip. Fold the bottom end in to meet the middle.
• Allow the paper to rest in this "booked" position for 10 minutes.